The Vice President of the Republic of Ghana, Dr Mahamoudou Bawumia has begun the distribution of vehicles ahead of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Presidential Primaries.
A video surfaced on social media showing a number of campaign cars being delivered with the nabbers of the Vice President.
Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, has told the Majority caucus of Parliament of his intention to contest the New Patriotic Party (NPP) presidential primary in November this year.
The meeting which was held on May 2, 2023, saw the majority of the NPP Members of Parliament (MPs) endorsing the move by the Vice President.
That brings to nine aspirants which includes Alan Kwadwo Kyerematen, former Minister of Trade and Industry, DrOwusuAfriyieAkoto, former Minister of Food and Agriculture, Kennedy Agyapong, MP for Assin Central Constituency in the Central Region and Francis Addai-Nimoh, a businessman.
The rest wereJoe Ghartey, MP for Essikado-Ketan Constituency in the Western Region, Kwabena Agyei Agyapong, former General Secretary of NPP, Dr Kofi KonaduApraku, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration and Boakye Agyarko, former Minister of Energy.
Nominations will be accepted between December 20, 2023 and January 4, 2024 and the nomination period for the presidential primary will begin on May 26 and end on June 24, 2023.
DrBawumia is considered by many as the favourite to succeed President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in 2024 but must beat off competition from three-time runner Mr Kyerematen who resigned in January this year to focus on his presidential ambition.
The NPP on November 4, 2023, will elect a presidential candidate for the 2024 elections and already the nine aspirants have declared their intention to lead the party and has also announced that the parliamentary primary will be held in February 2024.
According to Vice President, Dr Bawumia, he would contest the NPP’s flagbearer race and he was prepared to lead the party to break eight years of political party cycle.
OTHER HAPPENINGS IN THE NPP
- Samuel Brako-Amofa donates GHC10,000 to NPP Ablekuma Central Constituency
- Kevin Taylor to release an expose on Akuffo Addo’s involvement in Galamsey
- What is your position on ex-gratia? – John Mahama to NPP
- John Mahama’s Top 9 questions on the Financing of Political Parties in Ghana
- NDC2024: Executives promise Mahama overwhelming Endorsement during Primaries
- It’s a bit silly Calling on me to refund Ex-Gratia – John Mahama to critics
- Mahama teases Bawumia, mimics ‘solid Economic Management Team’ announcement in Video
- Parliament approves 6 Ministerial Nominees presented by the Appointment Committee of Parliament
♥Copyright Notice: Content on This Website is Copyright Protected. No Part of this Content should be Reproduced without the Consent of the Author(s) or Recognition of the source of the Content.© 2020 Ellis Multimedia: PoliticsGhana.com: All Rights Reserved.♥