Fear has engulfed nurses and other workers at the Ogbojo Polyclinic at East Legon after some senior staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 at the facility are reportedly still reporting for duty.
According to Starrfm.com.gh sources, six senior staff who have contracted the virus have not self-isolated or been directed to do so by the hospital.
Multiple sources told Starrfm.com.gh that a medical officer, a Midwife, the Supply officer and a Nursing officer are among those hit by the virus.
A management member at the hospital who spoke to Starrfm.com.gh on condition of anonymity Monday confirmed the cases but said he was unable to offer details.
Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo has confirmed that Ghana’s Health Minister Kwaku Agyeman-Manu has contracted Coronavirus.
Media reports on Saturday noted the minister had contracted the virus and was being treated at the University of Ghana Medical Centre in Accra.
Addressing Ghanaians in his 11th national address since the COVID-19 pandemic, the President said the minister is in a stable condition.
“Let us also wish our hard-working minister of health, Hon. Kweku Agyemang-Manu, a speedy recovery from the virus which he contracted in the line of duty. And he is in a stable condition,” Mr Akufo-Addo disclosed.
About Post Author
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)